Friday, May 4th, 2018
Today only makes the thrid day of filming for the cast and crew of AMC's hit television series 'The Walking Dead,' but that restrict them to switching things up for the new season.
The Walking Dead has been filming out of their eliment today, to be more specific, Atlanta Georgia where the show began. That's right, that means new exploring, more new locations and more new characters.
In recent casting rumors (and straight from the comics), new additions have been casted as of late and to name a couple would be Magna and Yumiko. Heath actor Corey Hawkins is also rumored to be rejoining the cast and show. Fans can only expect what he has been up to in his drawn out disappearance. As for the main cast, most of all of the eighth season cast has renewed for the ninth season. Ones like Carl Grimes actor Chandler Riggs has not revamped their contracts and will not be returning.
Okay, enough of the bla de bla bla bla...I'm other recent news...
Filming locations that have been disclosed are: Senoia, GA which is where their main set is, Brooks, GA off Line Creek Road near the bridge that Daryl and Merle were filmed on the bridge, Washington, DC where the Kingdom is located and the largest listed area is in Spalding County which expands over 5 small cities in rural Georgia (Orchard Hill, Griffin, East Griffin, Sunny Side and Experiment, GA.). Spalding, GA. has a lot of open terrain that could be used for various things in the upcoming season ie; fight scenes between the Whisperers, travel between communities, excetra. The possibilities are endless.
- Yesterday, the cast filmed in Atlanta, GA off Mitchell St. both inside and out of the State Capitol Courthouse. Here are a few photos;
Not much can be seem from the photos, but some noticeable things to note to as followed;
- Rick's hair is very short and his beard is trimmed and neat (like in the Santa Rick preview we saw back in season 8).
- I personally noticed this young man accompanied closely by The King who could be Henry in the near distant future. Henry was around 11 in season 8, so in the time gap, he could be 13 or 14 here.
This also suggests a lengthy time gap;
- As you can see above (photo 1), Father Gabriel has gone completely blind in his right eye. In the second photo, he is accompainoed by Anne, formerly known as Jadis. Her hair is significantly longer than before.
- As you can see, Alden rides beside Ezekiel in this photo. In my opinion, I believe Alden has taken Dante's role from the comics.
- Carol is seen in a hat similar to Andrea's hat like in the comics. I believe that Carol had adoptef both Andrea's role and Michonne's role from the comics now. With her relationship with the King and now the hat, I think it may be safe to say she has taken those roles on.
Yesterday was an exciting day for filming, photo taking and location snooping. Let me know what you guys thought about the photos and my possible hints in the comments below. As always, be safe and have a wonderful day.
Author/Editor: Joeleen Gatlin