15 Reasons We Want Agent Carter Renewed (Please, Don't Forget To Sign The Petition)
This is for all Marvel’s Agent Carter fans, Agents of Shield fans and of course, Marvel fans in general. This is my first article ever on the internet about a TV show, and I wanted it to be about Agent Carter because it’s, well, my favorite show now!
For those who don’t know or have second thoughts of watching the show, let me give you some intro information.
Peggy Carter was an agent (she also was a codebreaker) in the US Army in wartime. She fought alongside Captain America. After the war, she became an agent at the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), America’s primary intelligence agency. Trying to balance her office work & the outside missions, protecting her friends & her nation, fighting through the harsh era for women in 1940s, Agent Carter eventually succeeds and found after all the S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division).
Unfortunately, ABC decided to end the show although I read that Hayley Atwell won’t rule out Season 3 and she could potentially film two series (God Bless you girl!), but I wanted to show how many talented actors and amazing characters we are already missing.
1) Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) is a real hero! Strong, Independent, Determined and never gives up…although she lives in a challenging and harsh era she keeps fighting for God and Country. She sets an excellent (if not perfect) example for little girls to look up to and for young girls and women, to know their value and fight any obstacle they have in their career and life goals.
2) Edwin Jarvis (James D’ Arcy) is a real jewel in the show.Either humorous (using words or facial expressions), or compassionate he still can break our hearts, trying to protect those who he loves.
3) Daniel Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) who is actually the perfect Chief (or even CEO, for more modern ages!). He trusts his agents, he fights with them and sometimes gets hurt because of them. Not to mention, the #PeggySous moments (I know you are out there shippers!), a romantic relationship, still not integrated, between deaths, espionage, and lots and lots of trouble!
4) Jack Thompson (Chad Michael Murray) for being an exquisite anti-hero. Somewhere between gam-gam, an undenied crush reference (God bless Chief Dooley, yes I’m with #Cartson and I don’t regret it!), the annoying comments & interventions, aspirations for getting higher and higher. Changing plans in last moment, you can’t predict his moves but deep down you know he’s going to do the right thing. #HeIsNotDead
5) Whitney Frost (Wynn Everett) made an AMAZING villain. Incredibly smart and powerful, a brilliant scientist, she is the only one who broke Dottie! She made her cry! And that says a lot! Everyone respects her, and I know if she had her mother’s support she could become a force of good.
6) Dottie Underwood (Bridget Regan) & Jarvis: the most amusing couple going out (well of course after Peggy&Jarvis)… a force of undeniable good and evil dancing and having a mission together, was something that I really want to see again!
7) Rose (Lesley Boone) & Samberly (Matt Braunger): for being the most awkward maybe-someday-couple in the show. Plus, every respectable team needs a scientist and an everyday lady kicking some…ehm..butts.
8) Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper), because we see in his eyes Tony Stark.And, we want to see how did he met Maria, and maybe a young Tony playing with Uncle Jarvis? PLEASE? Oh, and let’s not forget #ScienceBros *Jason&Howard*
9) Jarvis and Anna (Lotte Verbeek). A better love story than Twilight, and million times more. They made us wish to have a love story like them. They weren’t much time on screen together, but this little was enough.
10) S.H.I.E.L.D.: because we NEED to know how SSR became S.H.I.E.L.D. After all, Agent Carter is a spin-off of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
11) The operations they plan. All together. Different people, with different kind of powers, unite to do good.
12) Because we see how much-corrupted politics, corporations and papers are, but still there are people who stay as Jarvis said “a beacon of Justice.”
13) Because we had a MUSICAL. A pure 40s musical.
14) Because it’s too early. 8+10 episodes are not enough (duh!)
15) Because “DO AS PEGGY SAYS" came from Captain America, Daniel Sousa, and Jack Thompson mouth. This fandom is different from others, and I saw it when I interacted with many other fans. Even if you are a #PeggySous (Peggy & Daniel), a #Wilker (Peggy & Wilkes) or a #Cartson shipper, hell even if you are #CaptainPeggy or no shipper at all, you want a season 3. There is action, science, war, espionage, troubles, friendship with a bit of romance in the air.
So, If there are people out there who didn’t watch the tv-show, I hope I changed your mind!!